This virtual Entrepreneur Hall of Fame was created to celebrate the men and women who started great companies, pioneered new products, services and industries…and who ultimately changed the world. These are the entrepreneurs who created some of the world’s most enduring brands. Their creations have no geographic or cultural boundaries. They are citizens of earth. They inspire us and challenge us. They employ us and keep the world economy humming. They create new wealth and give back by starting or supporting philanthropic organizations. They are the true heroes in the world and their legacies live on through the generations.
All of the entrepreneurs listed herein are “nominees” because they have received recognition from multiple organizations and from editors of respected media outlets. It’s up to the people to Up Vote or Down Vote those listed. The greatest of the great will soon emerge, chosen by the people whose lives they have touched, not by any one institution. To nominate an entrepreneur for inclusion, simply submit this short nomination form.
We plan to write custom profiles for each nominee. In the meantime, we are using Wikipedia entries. We will also be adding their best quotes and linking to the best articles and books written about the entrepreneurs.
Badges will be added upon popular request, to further distinguish each entrepreneur’s standings and contributions, including:
- International Influence — their company is known and their products are used world-wide.
- Rags to Riches — started with nothing, did not come from wealth and privilege.
- Wealthiest — estimated net worth among the highest in the world.
- Most Philanthropic — gives the most to worthy causes.
- Made It – lost it – Made It Again — went broke more than once.
- Most Inspiring — inspired the lives, careers and entrepreneurial journeys of many people.
- Multiple Companies — founded more than one successful enterprise.
- Industry Pioneer — created or changed an entire industry.
To recommend a badge be added, use the submission form at the bottom of the entrepreneur’s profile.
To recognize great entrepreneurs and foster the entrepreneurial spirit in future generations. We would love to inspire the establishment of a physical “Entrepreneur Hall Of Fame.” What an awesome place that would be! A place to hear their stories, see their first products, read their notes and “back of the napkin” plans. Of all the Hall’s of Fame the world should have, none could be more important than one for the Great Entrepreneurs.
This virtual Entrepreneur Hall of Fame is curated by Mike O’Donnell of StartupBiz.com with the help of a few of his friends. If you have ideas, or would like to contribute, we welcome your participation. Please drop us a note, email@example.com.